Peanut is here!

Hello blog world! Sorry for being MIA but I totally have an awesome excuse – Peanut is finally here!

I’ll keep this post short since I’m holding the baby and typing with one hand.

I (finally!) went into labor on Friday afternoon after a short false alarm earlier that morning.  We made our way to the hospital around 11:30 that evening and were admitted to Labor & Delivery.  Peanut was born on Saturday morning (1/22/2011) at 7:35 am.

Addison Haley King is 6 pounds and 5.5 ounces and 19 inches long.  The first thing Jon and I both said (after all the tears of happiness) was that she really looks like a little Peanut!

Needless to say, we are absolutely smitten with her.  We can’t get enough of her.

And yes – we did end up using both outfits because, shocker, I couldn’t resist dressing her up right away.

As we get adjusted I have lots more to post (including the survey results!).  As for right now, Jon and I will be here, staring at our little Peanut.

Comments

1. Congrats to you both! She is absolutely adorable!

2. Congrats! She's beautiful!!!

3. Awww Congrats! She is adorable!!!

4. Congrats!! She looks like a little doll! So sweet and precious!

5. congrats! nice work mom and dad she is perfect! :)

6. Congratulations King family!

7. congrats! shes beautiful :)

8. yay congratulations!!! i thought something was up. hooray! she is a cutie pie!

9. Emily (The Culinary Couple) says:

She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Jon, and welcome to the world, Addison Haley!

10. kindofnormal says:

Congrats to the two of you, she's absolutely beautiful! And I love the name Addison, almost as much as the name Peanut :)
    Marie @ it's a kind of normal

11. Katy's Neverending Story says:

YEAH! Congratulations! So happy for y'all!

12. Congrats! Great excuse for the quiet! Enjoy your beautiful Peanut!

13. congrats honey!! she is adorarable! update us when you can!

14. Congrats to you both… and Addison is such a perfect name!

joy & blessings to you all!

Alida

15. Oh my goodness, she is absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats!! I can't wait to watch her grow up :)

16. Yay!!! Addison is perfectly, perfect! SHe is such a beauty! Congrats to u & Jon!!!I have to tell u….on the weekend I found myself awake late at night looking for something to do. I found myself glued to my computer with a bag of peanut m&m's reading your & Jon's love story. I have to stay, I looooooooooved it. Maybe even a lil obsessed with it. Lol! Enjoy being a mama, it is wonderful:)

17. Congrats !!! She is so cute :)

18. Michelle Leigh says:

Congratulations!! She is such a little sweet pea!!! I look forward to lots and lots of pictures. Welcome to the beginning!

19. Congratulations! She's gorgeous!

20. She's beautiful and you two are so blessed. Congratulations to the both of you!!!

21. Addison is so freakin' cute! :) Congrats to you and Jon! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about her!

22. Congrats! She's beautiful

23. Congratulations to you and your husband on such a beautiful daughter. She is precious! :)

24. Love the pics. Can't wait to see more!

25. Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel says:

Congrats!! These are great photos, and she's absolutely adorable!

26. Heather G. says:

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

27. Congrats! Addison is beautiful. Enjoy and post more pictures after you get some mommy/daughter time. :)

28. Congrats. She is beautiful an I love her name.

29. erin.nicole says:

Congratulations!! She is beautiful, and you look fabulous! Addison is one of my favorite names :) Enjoy your time together as a new family, can't wait to see more pics!!

30. These photos made me cry. I am so happy for you Kat! SO happy. You're family is complete and so beautiful. I'm sending you nothing but happy positive thoughts :)

Love,
    Katie

31. I was really hoping that was why you hadn't posted. Congratulations!

32. Congratulations! Addison is gorgeous…I'm so excited for y'all!

33. lifeofadoctorswife says:

Congratulations!! What a little beauty!

34. Congratulations! She is gorgeous!

35. Congratulations!!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and I love her name! I thought about you a lot this weekend, hoping you were holding your little one! I hope these first few weeks are filled with nothing but cuddles and her sleeping on your chest (even though you'll have a few good poop & spit-up moments too). I can't wait to read all about your labor story and how y'all are doing!

36. 1ne Proud Mama says:

She is just adorable! Congratulations! Love her name. Hope you get lots of rest and can recover easily!

37. YAY!!! Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and you both look so ecstatic.

38. Lisa G. says:

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and you both look so ecstatic.

39. I was really hoping that was why you hadn't posted. Congratulations!

40. Congrats. She is beautiful an I love her name.

41. I just read this! Funny how both of our Addison’s came out as peanuts! The first thing my Doctor said was “she’s a peanut!” I didn’t realize how tiny she was until they told me she was 5lb 7oz. She also came on her own (but 5 days before her due date)!

42. Oh and my Addison has both those outfits!!

Newer Post:

Trackbacks

1. [...] the end of January (a week after my due date came and went), Peanut joined the world!  Catch up on her birth [...]