Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day filled with family, some delicious food, and lots of pictures.
But before I go into all sorts of details about our amazing day in the next post or two, I thought I’d update you on a couple of things going on in our household.
|Peanut with her auntie Penny|
- We tried to give Peanut her first solids – rice cereal – for 3 days. However, since her tongue reflex is still going strong (meaning, she pushes the food out with her tongue as an automatic reflex to prevent from chocking), we decided to stop for a few days and try again next week. We’ll continue in the same manner – trying for a couple of days at a time, then stopping for 4-6 until she starts eating the food instead of just pushing it out.
|Peanut and her Gigi|
- Based on Peanut’s behavior (her hands are ALWAYS in her mouth, she only wants the paci for about 1 minute when she wakes up, etc), our pediatrician suggested that we may want to take away the pacifier now because it seems to just wake Peanut up at night. She also thinks that we will be successful if we tried some sleep training.
|Playing with Penny and uncle Tim|
- We’ve been thinking and reading and talking to others about it and decided to go through with it. The sleep training starts this weekend and I’ll write a post once we’re done if it’s successful or not. We’re going through with it for 3 days and if things don’t get significantly different, we’ll reevaluate.
|Peanut loves being an airplane|
- Jon and I went out on our very first date on Friday night while Jon’s mom babysat. It was incredible! The restaurant was a recommendation by my boss – it was this little Italian place and it was AMAZING! Like, amazing! Jon and I even managed to talk about things other than the baby for a few minutes. The baby slept soundly through the whole date.
|She looks just like her auntie|
- Peanut is finally laughing! And babbling. Almost non-stop. It’s so cute. Her favorite subjects are the puppies. She loves to watch them, then squeals with delight when they come over to her.
|Playing with uncle Mike and his puppy, Buca|
Well, that’s about it folks. How are things going?
Do you have any success or failure stories about sleep training?