How I became the queen

Do you love my corny title?

Catch up on part one of our Wedding day here.

And a very happy anniversary to the love of my life.

Now back to the story.

Jon and I still hadn’t seen each other, and after getting dressed and taking some pictures, the girls and I had some celebratory champagne (you know, just to take the edge off).

King_ (50)
(don’t worry, the little girl was drinking water)

Once outside, we saw the limo pull up and the girls helped me get in.

That limo, peeps, smelled disgusting.  I have no idea what had gone on the night before but I could guess.  It smelled like puke.

The girls and I all held our breath the best we could and made the trip to the Church.

King_ (53)

Fun fact for ya – the air conditioning at the Church was broken.  And they only had a couple of fans set up.  Oh, and it was a sweltering 90+ degrees.  To say that we were all sweating would be an understatement.

Nevertheless, we made it down the isle.

My dad held me tight as we walked down and we whispered jokes to one another to keep each other from crying.

King_ (64)

Jon waited nervously (I’m guessing by the way he was standing and smiling at me nervously) and took my hand from my dad.

We went through a very short ceremony (I believe I told our Justice of Peace to keep it under 10 minutes), but Jon still managed to say “I do” about 2 minutes before he was supposed to.

King_ (69)

And before we knew it, we were married.

King_ (70)

King_ (74)

We all climbed into the limo, cracked open the beers, hiked up our dresses (we were sweating), and eagerly celebrated.

The reception went off without a hitch.  We ate, we drank, we danced (don’t worry, I requested the Chicken Dance, the Macarena, and every single other corny song you can imagine).  I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

King_ (154)

King_ (215)

King_ (235)

King_ (237)

King_ (240)

King_ (264)

King_ (281)

King_ (270)

King_ (292)

King_ (289)

King_ (296)

King_ (181)

Happy anniversary, my love.  And here’s to many more.

a-bday weekend 176

Love Story Index

Comments

1. bookwormruns.com says:

Aww, Happy Anniversary!! :) Who is the older couple in the garter belt picture?? That is too funny!

2. Ashley @ A Recipe for Sanity says:

Happy anniversary! You look absolutely gorgeous in those photos (and always, but you know). Love your dress.

And that garter photo is hilarious!

3. Gina @ Running to the Kitchen says:

Happy 4th guys!

4. Mindee@ourfrontdoor says:

1) You look beautiful
    2) I love your bridesmaid dresses an bouquets. Pink is my favorite!
    3) That second garter couple is AWESOME.
    4) Happy Anniversary.

5. carrielt says:

Beautiful pictures!! I love going back and looking at our wedding pictures. Hard to believe it's 3 1/2 years ago!!

6. Jennifer says:

Happy Anniversary!!
    Your wedding was perfect and you were GORGEOUS!!
    Love the pictures.

7. Stephanie says:

Happy Anniversary! Great wedding pictures! :)

8. Emily (The Culinary Couple) says:

Love the wedding recap. Such a beautiful bride! Happy anniversary to you and Jon!

9. Happy anniversary! I don't know why it surprised me, and the bridesmaid dresses are lovely, I just never saw you as a pink person. (Said by someone who also had pink dresses)

10. Where to begin? Your gown was breathtaking! I laughed out loud at the hilaritiy of the limo aroma and the lack of air in the church. They say everyone's wedding has "something" that goes unplanned; yet, each bride usually thinks her wedding was perfect!

Happy Anniversary!

11. Lisa G. says:

Happy Anniversary!!! Those pictures are awesome :)

12. Happy Anniversary! I love the bouquets!

13. Rebecca @ The Reluctant Housewife says:

L-O-V-E your dress! And you're hair!OMG! so pretty! Happy anniversary…4 down, the rest of your life to go! LOVE IT!

14. Iris Flavia says:

First of all, congrats from here, too :-)
    Eww to the limo-smell and why oh why can´t you talk in Celsius? (in what do you measure in "Russian"?)

Very cute pics, also with your Dad – you look so beautiful!

And, hehe… as a German I certainly find it very funny you had a beer first! Is that Russian, too?

You´re such a cute family, happy anniversary!

15. I just cried looking at your pictures, Kat. Please don't judge, but I'm a sap for love/wedding stories :)

16. happy anni and I too love the older couple in the garter shot!

17. lifeofadoctorswife says:

Happy anniversary! You were such a beautiful bride – love the photos.

18. Sarah @ ExPat Bride says:

I love all of your photos, and all the cute little stories like the smelly limo. I hope that I'll be able to handle all those little hiccups that are sure to come with as much grace as you did!

19. So beautiful! happy Anniversary!

20. Kirby and Anna says:

Aww… I love the title of this post ;) Happy Anniversary!

21. Congrats! We just celebrated our 5-year anni in June.

I love that your last pic is the pic of your family today. It totally sums up how I felt on our anniversary! I can't believe how quickly it has seemed to pass AND at the same time how much has changed! Graduations, first jobs, selling a house, moving, buying a house, having A BABY! It's so surreal and so wonderful!

22. Amanda Salyer says:

What a beautiful day! Well, besides the smelly limo. What a bummer. You looked absolutely stunning! That dress…just WOW! Happy anniversary! Cheers to many more years of blessings and happiness!

23. I had the same bridesmaid dresses for my wedding… except they were blue. I just finished reading through you love story – I just couldn’t stop reading!

24. Aww. Your story is so dang different to mine, guess both are beautiful though :-)

Trackbacks