A glimpse – Day 1

One of my fav bloggers, Jennifer over at Life in the Green House, did a daily post for a week with a play by play of their day.  I absolutely loved it and decided to try it on for size.  So here’s day 1.

Today wasn’t very typical actually because I took the day off to meet up with my bestie Kerry at  Vineyard.  But if you had to read about me going to work every single day, you’d be wicked bored.

I woke up around 5:30am when Peanut was squealing and then crying in her crib.  Jon gave her a paci to try to hold her off (she’s been waking up earlier and earlier lately and we want to try to get her back  on a schedule).  She fell asleep and woke up again at 6am.  I went into her room, breastfed her, then pulled her into bed with us.

We played in bed for a little while I pumped and Jon showered.  After pumping, I went and got the baby dressed and washed up while Jon got ready for work.  Jon packed up a lunch for himself, we both played with and packed up the baby for daycare then Jon dropped her off at 7:45am.

I sat back and twiddled my thumbs for a bit since I had no idea what to do in a house without a baby.  Then I did a little dance and fired up the coffee machine (we have a Keurig).

I brushed Trav’s and my teeth (not with the same toothbrush, don’t worry).

(can you tell how much he likes having his teeth brushed?)

I made myself some breakfast (eggs with cheese and onion, toast, and some fruit) and a coffee.

Then I drank it (ok, probably not a huge deal to anyone else, but kinda a big one for me).

Since my day was going to be a little off, my pump schedule was a little off.  I pumped at 9 while reading some blogs.

I wrote a quick post, went outside to take some butterfly pictures for this week’s Wordless Wednesday and got my butt in the shower.

While Travis hung out (he’s like my little tail).

I got ready to go out and took some pics for ya.

Then realized that Trav’s butt is in the picture.

Hi Trav.

(I also put my hair up about 2 minutes after this picture because I started sweating and I removed my heels about 10 minutes after getting to Stonington because Kerry was wearing flip flops).

After pumping again (I didn’t want to bring all the pump stuff with me on the road and figure out where to pump), I crated Travis in the basement (where it’s about 15 degrees cooler), and headed out to Stonington.

Kerry and I met at Stop n Shop at noon, grabbed some cheese, crackers, grapes and sushi then headed to Stonington Winery.

We did the tasting,


got some wine and sat up a little picnic in the Gazebo outside.

After a couple of hours of sipping our chilled wine and munching on the goodies, Kerry and I did the winery tour, bought a case to split (did you know that buying a case will get you a lifelong free tasting for 2? I didn’t either), and headed home.

(ps- don’t worry, I didn’t drink too much then drive.  We had a couple of glasses including the tasting, waited the appropriate amount of time, had a very heavy lunch with lots of snacks, then headed home).

I got to Peanut’s daycare around 3:30pm but she was napping, so I stayed and played for a while.  When she woke up, I brought her home, fed her a bottle, pumped (and dumped), then we played until daddy came home.

Around 5:30pm Jon got home, took P while I took a short nap (I’ve had a terrible cold and we’ve been going and going and going lately, so I was beat).  Just after 6 Jon brought P up (from the cool basement aka play room)to eat and she was screeching, which woke me up.  While he fed the baby dinner (homemade pears), I made us dinner (How Sweet’s Buffalo Chicken Taco’s…adjusted), then stored our warm dinner in the microwave.  Jon gave P a quick bath and the 3 of us played in her room for a while.  I still wasn’t sure about time and milk and alcohol so Jon gave P a bottle while I cleaned up the kitchen, the toys, and finished prepping our dinner.

At 7:45 we plopped our butts on the couch with our food (yup), turned on the TV and munched.  After dinner we cleaned up, then got back to the business of being couch potatoes.

Now I’m blogging, then pumping again around 9pm, and we’ll both be in bed by 10 at the latest.

And that’s Monday for ya.