Peanut is 8 months old today.
I know, it’s hard to believe.
What’s even harder to believe is just how hard it is to get her to pose for a picture.
Apparently 8 months old don’t like to sit still.
Or look at the camera.
Or do pretty much anything you ask them to.
But they sure do like to make you smile.
Here’s a recap of our 8th month together
- You are quiet the eating machine. About 3 weeks ago we introduced you to some finger food (puffs) and you’ve absolutely loved it. It took you about 2 days to perfect picking them up and stuffing them promptly into your mouth. In the past 3 weeks we’ve also introduced you to whole wheat pasta, peas, bananas, mango, and avocado. For baby food, you’re now eating peaches, pears, apples, nectarines, bananas, plums, sweet potato, peas, squash.
- You’ve really perfected pulling up on everything around you. Last week the daycare sent a note home that let us know that Peanut was officially pulling up in her crib (we promptly lowered your mattress).
- In addition to standing up while holding on to something, you’re standing about 10-30 second on your own. You hate it, but you’re doing it. In the last couple of days you’ve even managed a couple of stumbles toward us, unassisted.
- You’re officially rolling in every direction and all the time. I have yet to look at the baby monitor and find you in the same position as I left you.
- You’re also crawling. Although I don’t know if creeping with one leg under you and one leg standing up is considered crawling, but it sure does get you from point A to point B (rather quickly I might add).
- Some of your favorite things include swings, leaves, and farm animals.
- This month we took you to the Fair and you were absolutely in love with the farm animals. You squealed with delight and then tried your best to claw your way out of my arms to get closer.
- You still have no teeth. Since you’re still breastfeeding, I’m not complaining.
- In addition to your love for farm animals, you’re a huge fan of our puppy and any other dog for that matter.
- In your short life you’ve already lived through an Earthquake and a Hurricane. For the record – you didn’t notice.
- Another first for this month is your first night away from mommy. You and daddy stayed home, all by yourselves. You survived. Daddy? I’m not so sure.
- One thing is for sure – this has to be one of my favorite months we’ve spent together. Your bright, shining personality is really coming through and you make me proud to be your mommy each and every single day.