Peeps – I just found out that one of my bloggy friends is expecting her third baby at the end of May! As in, same timeline. Let me tell you how excited I am! (very) She recently announced it on her blog and posted some answers to the most common questions. I decided to steal the questions and answer them as well. So here goes.
- When am I due? May 9th and if my previous pregnancy is an indicator (it’s not), this baby will be late as well.
- Was this one planned? Ok, you would be so surprised at how many people ask us this! Usually I just cock my head to the side and give them a bewildered look- do they even know me? I plan everything to the last detail. In short (and less sarcastic way): yes, this was planned. Jon and I always knew that we wanted our kids to be between 2 and 3 years apart and this will make Peanut almost 2.5. And just like with Peanut, the month we decided to “try” is the month we found out we were pregnant. (We know just how lucky we are.)
- How am I feeling? Honestly – as I mentioned in this post, everything just seems harder this time around. Although I don’t hate being pregnant nor have I experienced any kind of difficulties (my pregnancy with Peanut was blissful for the most part and this one, although tougher, is still pretty great), I’m just not a huge fan of the whole “pregnancy thing.” That being said, I’m a very big fan of the baby thing (and I know just how lucky we are to get to go through this) and therefore I’m keeping (most) of my whining to a minimum.
- Do you have a gender preference? Right along with “was this planned,” this is one of the favorite questions that everyone asks us. I am not giving you a cop out, but I honestly really want either one (not just, I’ll be happy with either, but reeaaalllyyy would be happy with either). My reasoning is as follows: I have always wanted to experience one of each and I would love to have a boy. On the other hand, sisters have a special bond and we have a ton of baby girl hand-me-downs so having a girl would be amazing. And that’s where I’m at.
- Will you find out what you’re having? YES! I tried to talk Jon into doing one of the fun reveal things (like balloon in a box or cake frosting) but he didn’t budge. We’ll find out between 18-20 weeks the ol’ fashioned way, when the ultrasound tech says, “so do you want to know what you’re having?”.
- Have you told Peanut yet? I tried. A couple of times. She’s not buying it. Around 10 weeks I tried to tell P that mommy had a baby in her belly and she gave me a suspicious look, stared at my belly for about 30 seconds, then shook it off and went back to playing, like “no way…I don’t see a dolly there.” I tried again this week and she laughed at me. I guess we’ll just have to wait a little while.
So there we have it!
And some belly shots. ps- someone I know always tells me that I look like a “snake that swallowed a mongoose” when I’m wearing this dress (and I’m pregnant).