I know that I’ve said it about a thousand times before and I will probably say it about a thousand more – second pregnancy for me has been so incredibly different (and in many ways harder) than the first one.
Take these 26 weeks for example – I feel like all 30. I’m starting to be really tired again and even a little nauseous. I’m pretty sure that third trimester isn’t supposed to hit until week 28 but for me it came early.
The thing is that I really don’t want to spend much time complaining because all in all this has been an absolutely wonderful, easy pregnancy, especially when you take some time to read about other people’s experiences. But I guess I was spoiled with Peanut’s even easier pregnancy and if a girl can’t whine about being pregnant, what can she whine about?
I actually took my big girl camera out to show you some pictures this morning. Also unheard of.
That’s my used-to-be-an-innie-but-now-sporting-a-proud-outtie belly button right there. Yup. That’s happening.
- Size of baby: size of an eggplant, 9.2 inches long and 2 lbs in weight
- Total Weight Gain/Loss: 17 pounds
- Movement: The baby is moving around a ton and I think that I might have started experiencing a few Braxton Hicks. If anyone has experience with these, what do they feel like? I get random stomach pains lasting on and off for about an hour at a time with baby moving in between. I wouldn’t say they’re painless though.
- Cravings: No real cravings right now.
- Great Moment this week: Going to Ikea and looking at some big girl room for Peanut and some enhancements for our second little nugget. I can’t believe this is all happening so quickly.