This month with the help of a coupon and a Groupon and a Living Social deal, I ended up ordering a Bluum box and a Citrus Lane box for the kiddies. I was curious to see what kind of products each of them shipped and, honest, to stack them up against one another to see which I liked best.
One of the mistakes I made is that I ordered one for each of the girls instead of ordering both for the same age…so take that into consideration.
I ordered Bluum Box for Taylor, 10 months old. And here is what I received.
- Ella’s Kitchen – Stage 1 – Carrots,Apples,Parsnips: Taylor is 10 months old……Stage 1 is like 4 months old. Regardless, she loves it and gobbled it up.
- Blum Naturals – Towelettes – Cucumber: never going to use it. Gave it to my SIL.
- Weleda – Calendula Weather Protection Creams: probably won’t use it. We use AquaFore. But, cute attempt.
- Haba – Clutching Tricorn – Orange: this one actually annoyed me. A lot. She’s 10 month old – do I really need a newborn toy????
- Deep Steep – Hand Scrub – Tangerine Melon: Will never use it. But ya know, cute.
I also ordered a Citrus Lane box for Addison, 3 years old. Here’s what we got:
- A “make your own book”: actually cute, can’t wait to do this with Addi-pie
- Puzzles: adorable. Love them.
- Play doh: Okay, most kids have this. But my kids are into arts and crafts and we always welcome play doh.
- Nail stuff for kids: cute. Great idea. Was so excited! Then I opened the nail polish and it was chunky. Big fail. The stickers were fun though.
My opinion overall?
I really do wish I ordered them for the same age group side by side for a true comparison, but, from what I did get, I’d prefer Citrus lane. The products were better geared toward the age group I specified, they concentrated on my kids, and they were things I was actually excited to try!
Which is your favorite subscription box?
Note: none of these were sent to me free. I ordered both with a Groupon/LS deal I saw. These opinions are my own based on one shipment. The links are referral links.