Hey, it’s that time again! Time to
take a nap after Turkey day skip right over Thanksgiving and hightail it to the store (or, in my case, online) and start emptying your wallet for some awesome holiday gifts.
This year I thought I’d pull together a couple of posts of some of our favorite things. Starting with, you guessed it, things for a baby in your life.
1. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe teether: honestly, when Peanut was born, I was all “$20 for a teether? Yeah, right.” And then when Taylor was born, I was like “$20 for a Sophie? Get it. Pronto.” And we did. And I’m thankful for Sophie every single day. I don’t know what it is about this giraffe but it’s like teething baby crack.
2. Vtech Move & Crawl Ball: this was a consignment store purchase for Peanut when she was little and she became obsessed with it. After she learned to crawl, she loved to chase it around and press all the buttons. When she went through her “taggies” obsession, she would suck on the tags. We pulled it out around 4 months for Taylor and she took to it just like Peanut. Between the buttons, the music, the movements, the lights, and the taggies, what isn’t there for babies to obsess over?
3. FP Ballapalooza: this was on Peanut’s Xmas list last year and although it takes up an enormous amount of room, it is totally worth it. Peanut loved playing with the balls, watching them go down, and chasing them around. Around 5 months we brought the Ballapalooza back out (we store our kids’ toys in multiple locations and put away toys that have been played with to pull them out again in a few months so they’re like new) and both girls are absolutely in love. Peanut runs around, throwing the balls into various slides, making the whole thing light up and break out in song. Taylor sits at the bottom, collecting the balls that have made it to the bottom of the slide and slobbers all over them, watching Peanut. This has provided a good 1-2 hours of fun for both kids. In case you’re curious, that’s like kitchen-clean-and-dishes-washed-and-unload-dishwasher time frame.
4. Exersaucer: our exact exersaucer is a bit different but I couldn’t find it on amazon anymore. This one looks way cooler anyways and I’m pretty sure this is the one Tay loves at her daycare. Both girls loved the exersaucer and we started putting them both in around 4 months of age. We just place it in full view of the kitchen and then go about our chores. It’s great because I know that they’re safe and entertained. Bonus? The toddler still climbs in and plays in it when it’s her turn.
5. Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home: another Xmas gift from previous years and another toy that we put away and then take out again. We switch between the ballapalooza and this learning house because they’re rather large, but the girls can both find things that are entertaining and play really well together when it’s out. Right now the Learning home is sitting in Taylor’s room and both kids will spend an hour just pressing all the buttons (Peanut) and slobbering all over every items (Taylor). Bonus? We place it next to the couch and make it into a fort with an entrance. Peanut absolutely loves to play house in her little fort. Sometimes we are invited in for tea. Mostly she just tries to chase the dog out of it who has decided that it makes the person dog pen.
6. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: Another favorite, this was Peanut’s half birthday gift. She loved sitting and playing when she was little then walking with it when she started to move about. She still loves to press all the keys and play along. Taylor loves to chew on the phone and pull on all the little shapes while Peanut explains what they are to her sister (adorable).
7. Taggies Oodles Owl Cozy Blanket or pretty much any Taggies toy: we have a handful that are still Peanut’s favorites and she’s now going to have to fight for them with her sister who, like P, has a tag obsession. I don’t know what it is about babies and tags, but it’s hilarious to watch them inspect every little bit of it, concentrating so hard right before pulling them into their mouths to taste.
8. Fisher-Price Elmo’s World Talking Cell Phone: another consignment store purchase for our household and another favorite among the girls. unfortunately, it recently broke and we’re actually considering buying another one for Tay, they love it so much.
9. VTech – Counting Fun Elephant: a gift for Peanut when she was little and another favorite toy in our household (okay, I should probably just stop saying that since this is a list of our top favorite toys). We have yet to break it out for Taylor but I’m excited to get her started. Along with the ball, this toy was the main reason that Peanut learned how to crawl. She loved the pops, chasing the balls, and pressing all the keys. We love the entertainment but dislike digging the balls out from under the couch. You win some you lose some?
10. VTech – Discovery Nursery Farm: I don’t know about your littles but farm animals are a huge hit at our house. Peanut runs around singing “Ol’ MacDonal” while Taylor does a little wiggle dance. This toys seems to grow with the kids and is still one of P’s favorites.
To keep things simple, I also created a list right on Amazon (this is done through an affiliate program, so when you buy something, I receive a small % of the sale). All the opinions above (and everywhere on this blog) are completely my own and I will never recommend something I wouldn’t use/already use myself.